We all know a strong branding is a key that helps build recognition, and customer loyalty. I was honored to host a discussion with Ala Visuals on this topic. By the way! Ala is the one behind my brand identity.
Spoiler alert: Yes there are actual tips and tricks at the end!
- Brief presentation of Ala visuals and who’s behind it
Ala Kallala a.k.a Ala Visuals is a multidisciplinary creative director with 6 years of experience in the graphic design industry, specializing in logo and brand development with a focus on concept based design and simple branding solutions.
- How did it all start?
Ala Visuals started in the early summer of 2020. The idea of Ala Visuals business came with a very famous design challenge at that time called 50Days logo challenge whereas a designer you’re in charge of designing 1 logo for 50 continuous days!
Since then, I’ve seen overwhelming recognition from people on instagram, which made me transition from behance to this platform in order to showcase my work.
- You’ve been going viral in the past couple of weeks! Congratulations first of all! Would you like to tell us how that happened?
No one understands the Instagram algorithm and no one predicts when it can lift you up or bring you down and shadow ban you.
On the 5th of february, I decided to rebrand my personal visual identity to fit modern standards, and follow up with current trends through my content. I can say it all started with my new branding, people liked my style of work and overall design direction, and started following me based on that. With me being consistent, my branding style went viral and a lot of designers started adopting it. It slowly became one of the new trends within the world of visual and brand identities.
- Immaculate! I see you taking clients on Instagram, can you tell us your tips to understanding the client’s needs?
One of your main responsibilities as a designer is to understand your client in order to build strong branding. It’s important to show your clients that you actually care, put yourself in their shoes and try to comprehend why they’re seeking a design solution in the first place. Another tip to achieve an optimal result is by putting together a couple of questions! A questionnaire that will help you envision what’s required and what’s expected from you. As a result you create better designs, prevent wasteful changes, and get your customer to be happy and satisfied!
Start by simply asking questions like “What are you seeking to accomplish?”, “What are your expectations?”, “What do you like or dislike about your previous branding?” and “Who is your target customer?”. A little Q&A goes a long way in creating great design, trust me on this one!
In your opinion, what are key factors of building a compelling brand?
1. Out-of-the-box thinking is critical to the design thinking process since it entails reframing challenges with a broader understanding of the design environment.
2. Thorough market research in terms of researching what people consume.
3. Clear knowledge of the target audience: A brand can’t be all things to all people. It can only serve a specific audience at a given time. Attempting to capture everyone’s attention at the same time may make the organization appear aimless.
4. The goal of the brand comes before your desire to explore and experiment: When you listen to your customers, you’re essentially giving yourself a window into managing customer experience, and fueling their loyalty. Everything the client says about their objectives and aspirations is relevant to the design solution in some manner, and you just need to sift through it all to figure out what to work with.
5. Align design purpose with brand purpose
6. Focus on your brand’s logo and tagline
7. Professional typography and an attractive color palette: If you want your graphics to properly communicate the brand identity you’re designing, you must understand the role of typography in branding. In a design that literally communicates to your customers, typography is a key component. If you don’t know how to utilize them, you can send a message that isn’t what you intended. Alongside the right color palette! Colors have a big impact on how people perceive your brand’s individuality. It’s the most visible aspect of your brand that consumers notice first. Color improves brand recognition by up to 80%.
8. What’s harder than designing a strong brand identity is maintaining it! My advice here is to keep your brand up to date with new brand strategies.
Thank you Ala for all these useful tips, I myself can guarantee that the payoff to investing in your branding is invaluable. Since alot of my followers on instagram have been requesting to get to know more about creating a personal brand for themselves, you can contact Ala, I’ll leave all his socials below. From my part, I will always keep sharing how to implement and work on maintaining it!
Until next time guys, subscribe and stay tuned for the next guest!
Find Ala Kallala here: Instagram | Behance | Dribble | Linkedin
You need to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality sites on the net. I am going to recommend this site!
I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i?¦m satisfied to show that I have a very good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I so much certainly will make sure to do not omit this web site and provides it a look regularly.